Prāvu izmēru lapiņsēne, kas sastopama lielā skaitā gandrīz visu tipu mežos un pat pilsētu zālājos, bieži vien lielās grupās.
Indīga, lai gan agrāk tika uzskatīta par ēdamu. Ilgus gadus to lietojot bez pamanāmām sliktām sekām,
piepeši var sākties sarkano asinsķermenīšu sabrukšana, tikt bojātas aknas un nieres, tā ka var pat iestāties nāve.
Nesajauciet šo sēni ar cūceni!
The size of this mushroom can be up to 15 cm in diameter. Spore powder is rusty brown, yellow brown.
It grows in almost all types of forest, often in large groups from June to October. It is very common in Latvia.
Regarded edible for many years, it is recognized as poisonous by a number of researchers now.
The ilness can strike suddenly, after those mushrooms have been consumed without any harm for years.
Researchers say the accumulated substances may cause severe allergic reactions, up to fatal kidney and liver damage.
Several deaths have been recorded among people who had been consuming those mushrooms.